The Job Support Scheme has just been announced by the Chancellor. The ‘small print’ will need to be considered. We can of course assist with this and assist with the appropriate documentation for your employees.
What we know
- It will support ‘viable’ jobs – employees must work at least a 1/3 of their ‘usual’ hours and must be paid for those hours by their employer
- The government and the employer will pay 1/3 each of the hours not worked. Employees will receive at least 77% of their pay therefore if they work 33% of their hours. It is not known yet if any other cap will apply
- Large businesses will not be eligible if turnover has not fallen during the crisis
- Businesses do not have to have used the furlough/Job Retention Scheme previously
- The scheme will last six months from 1 November 2020.
- Businesses can claim under the Job Support Scheme and claim the Job Retention Bonus
- The self-employment grant will be continued on similar terms to the Job Support Scheme
How we can help
The above measures will clearly have a significant impact on many organisations. If you need any advice regarding the impact of the new guidance in the workplace then please don’t hesitate to contact us.