Rachael qualified as a Solicitor in September 2014 and has since gained experience in a variety of Private Client matters including Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Charities, Court of Protection applications, Trusts and Estate administrations including those involving large agricultural and business assets. Rachael joined the firm’s Private Client team in February 2017 and provides advice and assistance in relation to the following:
- Wills including those involving agricultural & business property, Life Interest Trusts and Discretionary Trusts;
- Succession planning and asset protection during a client’s lifetime (through Wills, consideration of the destination of life policies and pensions together with, the use of trusts and lifetime gifts) and on death (claiming appropriate tax exemptions and considering the use of Deeds of Variation);
- Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney and General Powers of Attorney also registering Enduring Powers of Attorney;
- Advising Deputies and Attorney’s in respect of their role and responsibilities in the administration of an individual’s affairs;
- Assisting Personal Representatives in the administration of estates to include obtaining Grants of Probate/Letters of Administration, accounting to H M Revenue and Customs for Inheritance Tax purposes and where appropriate claiming Inheritance Tax reliefs;
- All aspects of Trusts and Trustee powers to include the formation of Trusts, advising on ongoing administration requirements, dealing with the appointment or appropriation of Trust assets, and retiring and appointing new Trustees. Also advising Trustees in respect of their roles and responsibilities.
Rachael is a committee member for the women’s fund – a charitable fund managed by the community foundation which provides grants to various charitable projects supporting women in the region. Rachael meets twice annually with the committee to consider applications and regularly visits projects supported by the women’s fund and more widely by the community foundation. Rachael also volunteers with the National Youth Advocacy Service and is trained in child safeguarding.
Finally, Rachael is an affiliate with the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). She is currently studying towards the STEP Diploma, being a highly specialist qualification in this area of work.