1. Skip to Content
  2. Skip to Navigation
Toggle Menu

Court of Protection

If you have not appointed someone as your attorney and you become incapable of making important decisions about your money and personal welfare, a close relative or trustworthy friend may need to be appointed by the Court of Protection to act on your behalf as your “Deputy”. We are experienced in assisting with applications to the Court for family and / or friends to be appointed as a Deputy. We can also help with other applications which may need to be made to the Court, including applications for authority to buy and sell property, Statutory Wills and applications relating to lifetime gifts. We also act as a Court appointed professional Deputy, particularly in cases where our Clinical Negligence and Accident Compensation teams recover substantial amounts of money for brain damaged clients; where families do not wish to undertake the role themselves; or where they are in dispute as to who from the family should be appointed.

For further information or advice, please contact Nicola Matthews on 0191 232 8345 or email nicola.matthews@hay-kilner.co.uk


  • "I have been a client of Hay & Kilner for many years. They have been unfailingly efficient, helpful and courteous."

    - Client of Hay & Kilner

  • "We have been dealing with Hay & Kilner for many years and have always received excellent service and advice. We always make Hay & Kilner our first stop for our legal needs."

    - Clients of Hay & Kilner