1. Skip to Content
  2. Skip to Navigation
Toggle Menu

Statutory Wills

When a person no longer has mental capacity they cannot make a Will, if they do not already have one in place, or make changes to their existing Will. However, it is possible for someone acting in their best interests, to apply to the Court of Protection to request that a Will be put in place, or amended. These are known as “Statutory Wills”. The application process can appear complicated, because the Court does not interfere in such cases lightly, but our expert team have a wealth of experience to guide you smoothly through the process.

For further information or advice, please contact Nicola Matthews on 0191 232 8345 or email nicola.matthews@hay-kilner.co.uk


  • "I have been a client of Hay & Kilner for many years. They have been unfailingly efficient, helpful and courteous."

    - Client of Hay & Kilner

  • "We have been dealing with Hay & Kilner for many years and have always received excellent service and advice. We always make Hay & Kilner our first stop for our legal needs."

    - Clients of Hay & Kilner