This is the website of Hay & Kilner Law Firm. By entering the site you agree that you have read and understood the following terms and conditions of use, by which you also agree to be bound.
1. It is not the purpose of this site to provide legal advice. The contents of the various pages contained on the site are for general information purposes only and do not constitute professional advice (whether legal or otherwise). You must check all such information with us before you take any action in reliance upon it.
2. The content and design of this website are subject to copyright owned by Hay & Kilner or used under licence from third party copyright owners. You are welcome to print pages for your personal non-commercial use but no part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose. All other intellectual property rights which may subsist in the content and design of this site belong to Hay & Kilner.
3. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of our site, and we take care to ensure that its content is correct, we give no warranty or representation as to the integrity, accuracy or completeness of our site.
4. From time to time, this website may feature content related to the law and legal developments. Such content is intended to provide general guidance only and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances.
5. We accept no liability for the content of any websites to which we provide external links.
6. All visitors to this site visit and use all functions at their own risk. This website is made available for public viewing on the basis that Hay & Kilner excludes, to the extent lawfully permitted, all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or reliance upon its content. You agree that the exclusions and restrictions of liability contained in these terms and conditions are reasonable.
7. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of the website are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in the event of any dispute.
8. The following information is supplied in accordance with the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 and Rule 8 of the SRA’s Code of Conduct for Solicitors:
Our name is Hay & Kilner Law Firm. We are a partnership operating in England and Wales and are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Our principal place of business is at Merchant House, 30 Cloth Market, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1EE, England. A list of partners is available for inspection at that address.
Our SRA ID numbers are as follows:
The professional rules applicable to Hay & Kilner are those found in the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s Standards and Regulations 2019.
9. Hay & Kilner has connections with law firms across Europe via its membership of LawNet Europe. The content related to the law and legal developments featured on this website is, however, based upon the law of England and Wales (unless otherwise expressly stated).
Please note that our bank account details will not change during the course of a transaction or matter and we never notify a change to our bank account details via e-mail or by telephone. Please be careful to check bank account details with us in person if in any doubt. For payments to you, we will not accept any change to your bank account details without additional documentation and confirmation being provided by letter or in person.