We advise clients in relation to the development, use and exploitation of technology and digital solutions across a range of sectors, including software development, digital media, automotive advancements and innovative solutions in the construction industry.
We have particular expertise in the development and licensing of new and innovative software, which is often provided cross-border as a cloud-based service.
We can assist in the following areas:
- Software development, licensing and distribution;
- Software and hardware supply, maintenance and support agreements;
- Hosting and consultancy;
- Tech business deals including grants, investments, sales and acquisitions;
- Cloud-based services such as Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS);
- Joint ventures;
- End User License Agreements (EULAs);
- Research and development agreements; and
- Disputes regarding development and consultancy agreements;
We also have specialists dealing with e-commerce, privacy and data protection, including:
- Terms & conditions for online trading;
- Payment mechanisms;
- Distance selling;
- Website development and hosting;
- Privacy policies; and
- Cookies, behavioural advertising and marketing.